The Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Foundation Online course is an interactive session that provides a comprehensive introduction to the EU GDPR and a practical understanding of the implications and legal requirements for organizations that conduct business with people and companies based in the European Union.
Delivered by an experienced data protection consultant, this training session is built on the foundations of our extensive practical experience gained advising on compliance with data privacy laws and related information security standards such as ISO 27001.
The course supports continued professional development, and delegates who pass the included online exam are awarded the ISO 17024-certificated EU GDPR Foundation (EU GDPR F) qualification by IBITGQ. It is also accredited by the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) and satisfies the IISP Skills Framework requirements at Level 1: A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, B1, and C2.
What will you learn on this course?
Who should attend this course?
Are there entry requirements?
- Essential General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) background and terminology
- The six data protection principles
- Special categories of personal data
- The rights of data subjects, including data access requests
- Controllers and processors
- Data protection by design
- Securing personal data
- Reporting data breaches
- How to perform a data protection impact assessment (DPIA)
- The role of the data protection officer (DPO)
- Transferring personal data outside the EU
- EU–US Privacy Shield
- The powers of supervisory authorities
- Business directors or managers who want to understand how the GDPR’s requirements affect their organization.
- Managers involved in or responsible for GDPR compliance, such as:
- Privacy managers
- Data protection managers
- Information security managers
- IT managers
- Project managers
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- General or privacy counsels
- Finance, HR, or marketing managers
- Individuals with a basic knowledge of data protection regulation and practices, and looking to develop their career with a professional qualification.