Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project management is critical to the success of every organization. Industry research indicates that 74% of all projects hit roadblocks, are over budget or are late. And 28% of these projects fail altogether.
Project managers face constant pressure to cut costs, implement projects quickly, and deliver high quality. Without thoughtful planning, execution and monitoring of efforts, organizations will lose business to those that effectively manage their projects.
In this course, students will apply the generally recognized practices of project management acknowledged by the Project Management Institute (PMI®) to successfully manage projects.Register Now
- Weekdays – 1 Month
- Weekends – 2 Months
Project Management Professional certification training course takes participants through the phases of a project on a Residential basis, using the Process Groups and integrative framework adapted by the Project Management Institute (PMI). It is suitable for anyone who requires a detailed working knowledge of the PMIs approach to project management, particularly those working towards the Project Management Professional (PMP). The PMP designation following your name signifies to clients, employers etc. that you have demonstrated a solid foundation of knowledge and experience from which you can competently practice project management.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for persons who have on the job experience performing project management tasks, whether or not project manager is their formal job role, who are not certified project management professionals, and who might or might not have received formal project management training. The course is appropriate for these persons if they wish to develop professionally, increase their project management skills, apply a formalized and standards-based approach to project management, seek career advancement by moving into a formal Project Manager job role, as well as to apply for Project Management Institute, Inc. (PMI®) Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Get started with project management fundamentals.
- Identify organizational influences and project life cycle.
- Work with project management processes.
- Initiate a project.
- Plan a project.
- Plan for project time management.
- Plan project budget, quality, and communications.
- Plan for risk, procurements, and stakeholder management.
- Execute a project.
- Manage project work, scope, schedules, and cost.
- Control a project.
- Close a project.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Project Management
- Components of Project Management
- Project Management and the Business
Lesson 2: Project Management and Organization
- Identify Organizational Influences
- Project Stakeholders and Governance
- The Project Team
- The Project Life Cycle
Lesson 3: Working with Project Management Processes
- Project Management Processes and Knowledge
- Areas Identify Project Information.
Lesson 4: Initiating a Project
- Develop a Project Charter
- Identify Project Stakeholders
Lesson 5: Planning a Project
- Develop a Project
- Management Plan
- Plan Scope Management
- Collect Project Requirements
- Define Project Scope
- Create a WBS
Lesson 6: Planning for Project Time Management
- Create Plan Schedule Management
- Define Project Activities
- Sequence Project Activities
- Estimate Activity Resources
- Estimate Activity Durations
- Develop a Project Schedule
Lesson 7: Planning Project Budget, Quality and Communications
- Plan Project Cost Management
- Estimate Project Costs
- Determine the Project Budget
- Plan Quality Management
- Plan Human Resource Management
- Plan Communications Management
Lesson 8: Planning for Risk, Procurements and Stakeholder Management
- Plan Risk Management
- Identify Risks
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Plan for Risk Response
- Plan Project Procurements
- Plan Stakeholder Management
Lesson 9: Executing a Project
- Direct and Manage Project Work
- Perform Quality Assurance
- Acquire Project Team Develop Project Team
- Manage a Project Team
- Manage Communications
- Conduct Procurements
- Manage Stakeholder Engagement
Lesson 10: Managing Project Work, Scope, Schedule and Cost
- Identify, Monitor and Control Project Work
- Perform Integrated Change Control
- Validate Project Scope
- Control Project Scope
- Control the Project Schedule
- Control Project Costs
Lesson 11: Controlling the Project
- Control Project Quality
- Control Communications
- Control Project Risks
- Control Project Procurements
- Control Stakeholder Engage
Lesson 12: Exam Preparation
- Close Project or Phase
- Close Procurements