Certified Internet of Things (IoT) Practitioner
In this course, you will learn general strategies for planning, designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining an IoT system through various case studies and by assembling and configuring an IoT device to work in a sensor network. You will create an IoT device based on an ESP8266 microcontroller, implementing various common IoT features, such as analog and digital sensors, a web-based interface, MQTT messaging, and data encryption
In this course, you will learn how to apply Internet of Things technologies to solve real-world problems.
- Construct and program an IoT device.
- Communicate with an IoT device using wired and wireless connections.
- Process sensor input and control an actuator on an IoT device.
- Manage security, privacy, and safety risks on IoT projects.
- Plan an IoT prototyping and development project.
This course is designed for IT professionals with baseline skills in computer hardware, software support, and development who want to learn how to design, develop, implement, operate, and manage Internet of Things devices and related systems. It is for those interested in learning more about embedded systems, microcontroller programming, IoT security, and the development life cycle for IoT projects.
While students will gain hands-on experience assembling a prototype IoT device and using software development tools, these activities are closely guided, so previous experience in electronics assembly and programming are not required. This course prepares students for taking the CertNexus Certified Internet of Things (IoT) Practitioner (Exam ITP-110).
- Select a General Architecture for an IoT Project
- Identify Benefits and Challenges of IoT
- Select and Configure a Processing Unit
- Select a Microcontroller Power Source
- Use a Software Development Kit to Program an IoT Device
- Communicate Using Wired Connections
- Communicate Using Wireless Connections
- Communicate Using Internet Protocols
- Defining Functions
- Function Parameters
- Return values from Functions
- Global Variable and Scope
- Newer way of creating a constant
- Identify IoT Security and Privacy Risks
- Manage IoT Security and Privacy Risks
- Manage IoT Safety Risks
- Identify Real World Applications for IoT
- Follow the IoT Development Lifecycle