According to the AT&T State of IoT Survey, 90% of businesses lack the full confidence that their IoT devices are secure. IoT creates exponential vulnerabilities which IT security teams are not currently prepared to defend. CertNexus’ Certified IoT Security Practitioner (CIoTSP) upskills your team by validating the knowledge, skills, and abilities to secure network environments for IoT devices, analyze vulnerabilities and determine reasonable controls against threats, and effectively monitor IoT devices and respond to incidents.
This course is designed for IT professionals who want to design, implement, operate, and/or manage a secure IoT ecosystem. This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CertNexus Certified Internet of Things Security Practitioner (CIoTSP) certification and who want to prepare for Exam ITS-110.
To ensure your success in this course you should have a fundamental understanding of IoT ecosystems, which you can obtain by taking the following CertNexus course: Certified Internet of Things (IoT) Practitioner (Exam ITP-110)
In this course, you will identify threats to cybersecurity and privacy within an IoT ecosystem and implement appropriate countermeasures. You will:
• Use a risk management approach to select an appropriate response to privacy and security risks within an IoT system.
• Secure administrative and end-user portals used in IoT.
• Prevent flaws in authentication, authorization, and accounting that lead to various access control vulnerabilities.
• Secure IoT data in motion, at rest, and in use.
• Protect IoT networks, including local, wide area, mobile, and edge networks, from unauthorized access.
• Maintain the privacy of users while collecting useful and informative data.
• Manage risks related to IoT software and firmware to protect security and privacy.
• Take steps to improve physical security of IoT devices and networks.