The Certified Data Protection Officer training course enables you to develop the necessary knowledge, skills and competence to effectively implement and manage a compliance framework with regard to the protection of personal data.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” credential. By holding a PECB Certified Data Protection Officer Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to assist organizations in applying data protection laws and regulations.
What will you learn on this course?
Who should attend this course?
- Essential General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) background and terminology
- The six data protection principles
- Special categories of personal data
- The rights of data subjects, including data access requests
- Controllers and processors
- Data protection by design
- Securing personal data
- Reporting data breaches
- How to perform a data protection impact assessment (DPIA)
- The role of the data protection officer (DPO)
- Transferring personal data outside the EU
- EU–US Privacy Shield
- The powers of supervisory authorities
- Business directors or managers who want to understand how the GDPR’s requirements affect their organization.
- Managers involved in or responsible for GDPR compliance, such as:
- Privacy managers
- Data protection managers
- Information security managers
- IT managers
- Project managers
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- General or privacy counsels
- Finance, HR, or marketing managers
- Individuals with a basic knowledge of data protection regulation and practices, and looking to develop their career with a professional qualification.
Day 1: Introduction to the GDPR and initiation of the GDPR Compliance
Day 2: Plan the implementation of the GDPR
Day 3: Deploying the GDPR
Day 4: Monitoring and continuous improvement of GDPR compliance
Day 5: Certification Exam