Android Mobile Application Development
This course provides the required knowledge and skills to design and build a complete Android™ application. It delivers an extensive training on the main Android API components and its interactions. This course is mapped to AND-401 exam.
- Weekdays – 1 1/2 Months
- Weekends – 3 Months
Course 601 – Android™ Mobile Application Development (Android 8.x Nougat)
This course provides the required knowledge and skills to design and build a complete Android™ application. It delivers an extensive training on the main Android SDK components and its interactions. The course is updated to include topics compatible with all Android versions up to Android 8 and the source code updated to API 27. Moreover, this course book uses Kotlin programming language instead of Java. Kotlin is a safe and concise programming language that promotes faster development of high-quality Android apps.
Sound knowledge of Java background.
- Android Application Development
- Mobile Apps Developer, Game Developer
At Course Completion, a student will learn:
- Learn the essentials of the Kotlin Programming Language and all Kotlin topics related Android applications development.
- Design and build a complete Android application.
- Debug and maintain Android applications using different tools and plugins.
- Thoroughly understand the life-cycle of an Android application and its main components.
- Use external resources, manifest files, intents and adapters.
- Understand and use all Android persistent storage techniques: Preferences, files, databases, and content providers.
- Use Android’s background processing techniques.
- Build location-aware applications using GPS as a location provider and Google Maps.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Kotlin
Lesson 2: Control Flow Statements
Lesson 3: Functions & Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
Lesson 4: Android Framework and Android Studio
Lesson 5: Creating User Interface UI
Lesson 6: Android Layouts, Styles, Theme and Menus
Lesson 7: Toasts, Activities, Navigations, and Views Context Class
Lesson 8 : Android , Dialogs, Snackler. Menus, Windows and Notifications
Lesson 9: Android Storage, SQLite and Content Providers
Lesson 10: Location-Aware Apps: Using GPS and Google Maps
Lab 10: Location-Aware Apps Using a GPS and Google Maps