Information Security: Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
Students will learn how to scan, test, hack and secure target systems. The course covers the Five Phases of Ethical Hacking; diving into Reconnaissance, Gaining Access, Enumeration, Maintaining Access, and covering your tracks.
A Certified Ethical Hacker is a skilled professional who understands and knows how to look for weaknesses and vulnerabilities in target systems and uses the same knowledge and tools as a malicious hacker, but in a lawful and legitimate manner to assess the security posture of a target
system(s). The CEH credential certifies individuals in the specific network security discipline of Ethical Hacking from a vendor-neutral perspective.
In this course, you will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks.
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Describe bounded network media.
- Describe unbounded network media.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Analyze routing and switching technologies.
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP implementation.
- Analyze network security.
- Implement network security.
- Identify the components of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Manage networks.
- Troubleshoot network issues.
Who’s It For?
Network+ Certification training is considered a solid foundational certification for anyone interested in an IT career or to prove existing knowledge in basic IT networking and network support.
1 – NETWORK THEORY
- Network Types
- Network Standards and the OSI Model
- Data Transmission Methods
2 – BOUNDED NETWORK MEDIA
- Copper Media
- Fiber Optic Media
- Bounded Network Media Installation
3 – UNBOUNDED NETWORK MEDIA
- Wireless Networking
- Wireless Network Devices and Components
- Implement Wireless Technology
- Internet of Things
4 – NETWORK IMPLEMENTATIONS
- Physical Network Topologies
- Logical Network Topologies
- Ethernet Networks
- Network Devices
5 – TCP/IP ADDRESSING AND DATA DELIVERY
- The TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- IPv4 Addressing
- Default IP Addressing Schemes
- Create Custom IP Addressing Schemes
- IPv6 Addressing
6 – ROUTING AND SWITCHING
- Network Packet Routing
- Static and Dynamic IP Routing
7 – TCP/IP IMPLEMENTATION
- Configure IP Addresses
- Naming Services
- TCP/IP Utilities
- Common TCP/IP Protocols
8 – NETWORK SECURITY ANALYSIS
- Introduction to Network Security
- Network Security Policies
- Physical Security
- Common Network Attacks
9 – NETWORK SECURITY IMPLEMENTATION
- Access Control
- Port, Service, and Protocol Security
- Wireless Network Security
- Patches and Updates
- Mitigation Techniques
10 – WAN INFRASTRUCTURE
- WAN Basics
- WAN Connectivity Methods
- WAN Transmission Technologies
11 – CLOUD AND VIRTUALIZATION TECHNIQUES
- Virtualization Technologies
- Network Storage Technologies
- Cloud Computing
12 – REMOTE NETWORKING
- Remote Network Architectures
- Remote Access Networking Implementations
- Virtual Private Networking
13 – NETWORK MANAGEMENT
- Monitor Networks
- Document the Network
- Establish Baselines
- Optimize Network Performance
- Ensure Business Continuity
14 – TROUBLESHOOTING NETWORK ISSUES
- Network Troubleshooting Methodology
- Network Troubleshooting Tools
- Troubleshoot Wired Connectivity and Performance Issues
- Troubleshoot Wireless Connectivity and Performance Issues
- Troubleshoot Network Service Issues
Before pursuing your Network+ training and certification, it is highly recommended to achieve A+ Certification first.