Project Management Software | Microsoft Project
Microsoft Project is a project management software program designed to assist project managers in effectively managing tasks so they can achieve a successful outcome.
This course is designed to familiarize students with the basic features and functions of Microsoft Project Professional 2016 so they can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment.
In this course, you will learn to create and engage in basic management of a project using Microsoft Project Professional 2016.
- Identify project management concepts and navigate the Project 2016 environment. Create and define a new project plan.
- Create and organize tasks. Manage resources in a project plan. Finalize a project plan.
This course is designed for a person with an understanding of project management concepts and who is responsible for creating and maintaining project plans. The course will give the student a fundamental understanding of Microsoft Project 2016 necessary to create and save project plans.
1 – GETTING STARTED WITH MICROSOFT PROJECT
- Identify Project Management Concepts
- Navigate the Microsoft Project 2016 Environment
2 – DEFINING A PROJECT
- Create a New Project Plan
- Define a Project
- Assign a Project Calendar
3 – CREATING AND ORGANIZING TASKS
- Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Import Tasks from Other Programs
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Define Task Relationships
- Schedule Tasks
4 – MANAGING PROJECT PLAN RESOURCES
- Add Resources to a Project Plan
- Create a Resource Calendar
- Enter Costs for Resources
- Assign Resources to Tasks
- Resolve Resource Conflicts
5 – FINALIZING A PROJECT PLAN
- Optimize a Project Plan
- Set a Baseline
- Share a Project Plan
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic project management knowledge and skills.
You should also have basic knowledge and skills for using any current Windows® operating system, preferably Windows 10.